Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Puppies, Peanut Butter, and Poop

Sabre (and most likely Tatum too) has a upper respiratory infection of sorts. No, it's a virus. Is that the same thing? He's been sneezing A LOT and sometimes his breathing sounds really horrible. Tatum has the raspy breathing thing going on, some sneezing. I took Sabre to the vet to find out if I'm just a crazy woman concerned about every little noise my puppies make, or if there's some truth to my madness. And I was right. He's sick. Not in a "I just want to sleep and lay around and be a super easy puppy" kind of way...but in a "I sound terrible, but I'm still going to play like I always do" kind of way. I'm glad though. I'm glad he isn't acting out of character. I'd be even more worried then. For now they're going to be on benadryl, and then if it gets worse, we're going to be out a lot of money. The antibiotic is rather costly. It's not bacterial at this point, so the antibiotic isn't necessary. But if they get worse and start showing certain symptoms, then I need to get them the rather costly medicine. This is a bit of what it's like having children, huh? I asked the vet if other dogs are as crazy as Sabre is when he's at the vet. My crazy dog wouldn't get on the scale, kept trying to open the door and run out, and would sit on the bench and try to hide behind me. It's embarrassing because I have no clue how to make him less scared of the vet. However, she made me feel a lot better when she said, "Well.. Sabre's really not that bad. He doesn't poop everywhere or..." and then I didn't hear the rest. He doesn't poop everywhere! Apparently there are dogs that get so nervous about the vet that they poop everywhere. I'm officially grateful that my puppy retains control of his bowels when he's nervous at the vet. :) Yay for Sabre!

Speaking of poop, yesterday Tatum did something rather horrible. I let the puppies outside to do their business. As soon as they were finished, they wanted to come back inside. Tatum, as usual, came sprinting inside behind Sabre, I closed the door, and sat back down on the couch. Tatum came over and sat on the floor next to me. Suddenly, the overwhelming scent of poop came wafting through the air. I thought maybe Tatum had stepped in some poop outside, so I was about ready to check her paws when I saw it. Right in front of Tatum on THE CARPET, a chunk of poop. She didn't slip up and poop inside the house. No, no. She brought the poop into the house in her mouth. [shudders] I was rather upset. She got a spanking right on her bottom. I got a paper towel, picked up the poop, and threw it back out into the yard, where, of course, Sabre picked it right back up and ate it. They both stayed outside for a while after that and didn't get to come back in till I rinsed their mouths out. This whole eating poop thing is driving me crazy. Absolutely crazy. And while I haven't yet found a way to put a stop to it, these puppies will learn real quick that they are never ever ever allowed to bring poop into my house.

Let's move on to a more pleasant topic. Peanut butter. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter. I don't really know why, but I just wouldn't typically choose it. However, on rare occasions (like this morning), I'll get a hankering for some peanut butter and jelly toast. But you see, there's a problem. My husband, who loves peanut butter all the time, likes chunky peanut butter. Chunky! Do you know how hard it is to spread chunky peanut butter on toast? It's hard. I like creamy. But since I only eat peanut butter once every blue moon, I don't get to buy creamy. Sigh. It's a hard life.

I think it's time for a walk. Both for me and the insanely hyper puppies. I feel like a rockstar when I take both my puppies for a walk at the same time. Because rockstars are known for their expertise in walking dogs..... psh. I'm losing it.

1 comment:

  1. Poop! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to read this one. I made it through. I don't ever remember my dogs doing that but then they were not allowed in the house - they probably ate the poop outside. As for Peanut Butter! Oh my child. I will send you your own jar next time someone comes. Brit and Papa also eat super chunk peanut butter . . . I eat the Jiffy Smooth. Jake likes smooth, too. Puppies! It does sound like they are like children . . . and maybe because they live in your house like children. I'm sorry they are sick . . . so sad. I hated when my children were sick so yes, I guess you are gaining experience. :) Love you! Nanny

    ReplyDelete