Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

It's All Random Again, Folks.

My sweet little Tatum got spayed today. I am completely losing it. The surgery went well and all, but now she's home, and you would never know she had surgery this morning. We were supposed to keep her confined for the first 24 hours, but we failed. She's supposed to have a cone on, but we took it off because she kept knocking things over and running into walls. (We'll put it back on before bedtime.) She's only supposed to have a quarter of a normal meal and half a cup of water today. She devoured said quarter meal and has definitely guzzled more than half a cup of water. Needless to say, I'm feeling like a bad post-surgery puppy mommy. Both puppies are currently in their crates, because Tatum was trying to get Sabre to lick her stitches. No joke. This is going to be a long, long week.

I ran out of Indomie (Indonesian instant noodles). For those of you who have never had Indomie, I'm very sorry. They are wonderful. Completely unhealthy, but wonderful. Since I was a small child, I've eaten noodles for breakfast. It started in Thailand with Mama (Thai instant noodles), and simply continued in Indonesia with Indomie. I've been given many looks when I admit to people that my breakfast of choice is noodles, but what can I say? They're easy to make (because first thing in the morning I have no interest in doing anything too complicated), they're quick to make, and they're delicious. And I miss them immensely. Breakfast just isn't the same anymore.

I found out today that Francine Rivers has a new novel coming out sometime in spring 2014. I did a little dance. If there's one author that has yet to let me down, it's Francine Rivers. I'll admit that I wasn't quite as fond of the third book in her Mark of the Lion series, but other than that, her books are my favorites. Despite the fact that I have a degree in English Literature, I'm really very picky about books. I know many English lit people that will read just about anything and somehow enjoy it. I am not in that group. If I'm not hooked within the first 30 to 50 pages, it's not going to happen. But Francine Rivers' books have never failed me. If you've never read one of her books, you need to change that. Aside from the fact that her stories themselves are great, I also highly respect her as a writer. I love to write and hold writers to a certain standard. You see, Rivers takes writing seriously. She actually takes the time to have her novels thoroughly edited by an editor! What a novel thought! And then she rereads them herself to make sure everything still makes sense. So even though she only has a new novel every few years, I always know it's going to be well-written and a great story.

I think I'm going to eat a light dinner. You know, chips and cheese. Kind of like nachos, but not.

No comments:

Post a Comment