Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Favorites of Life

The husband is playing his guitar. The in-laws are on the computers. The puppies are being surprisingly calm. OK, never mind. Tatum has something to chew on and Sabre now wants it. Not because he actually wants it, but because she wants it. He's such a little brat. Some people might say I've humanized my puppies a bit, but I'm telling you, Sabre displays all the characteristics of a pesky older brother trying to steal little sister's toys just to (1) aggravate her or (2) to get her to chase him. He knows just how to be super obnoxious. But I still love him. Most of the time. ;)

So my sisters are arriving back in the states on Friday night (basically Saturday morning). I'm pretty excited about this. I'm trying to figure out how to go to Dallas on Saturday to see them, go to a wedding Saturday night, and then drive back to Waco on Sunday morning. But the puppies are complicating things just a tad because, well, they're not humans and thus, are not welcome everywhere we go. One way or another we'll figure something out. Needless to say, one of my favorite things in life is getting to see my lovely sisters. I haven't seen Kris since January 2011! I think she's changed a bit since then. Like she now has short hair. And she's graduated from high school. And she's like a million inches tall...which I guess isn't all that new, but still. I haven't seen Brit since May, so she's not as important. Kidding kidding. I love her. And she's bringing me back Indomie (Indonesian noodles), which always earns a person big big points in my book. It's a quick way to get a place in the "favorites" category of my life.

You know what else I love? Schmaltz Sandwiches! They are really quite heavenly. If you're ever in Waco, you absolutely MUST go to Schmaltz before you leave. Even if you're only passing through for two minutes, stop at Schmaltz! They make their own amazingly delicious bread. They melt two types of cheese on their sandwiches... and somehow, they just make sandwiches rise to a whole new level of amazingness. I used to call Trav on a regular basis while I was at work to plead with him to allow me to, once again, get Schmaltz for lunch. His only complaint was that he didn't get any. Deliciousness defined. For real.

I also discovered something really very fascinating! I love Dr. Pepper IF (and ONLY if!) it's prepared the old fashioned soda shoppe kind of way. They put the syrup in the cup then mix it with water and...soda water? I don't really know. But somehow, the drink ends up being very tolerably carbonated. I don't like carbonation. It's just too fizzy and makes my chest feel weird. And overall, it's just a very unpleasant experience. The only problem with liking less carbonated Dr. Pepper is that it's not exactly readily available. I guess I just need to let the Dr. Pepper company know that they need to offer less carbonated Dr. Pepper in more frequented locations, and everything will be OK. Except then I'll start drinking less healthy beverages and probably end up never sleeping again due to the caffeine that, as we have all learned, my body does not handle well.

Alright, I've rambled on about a bunch of random and rather pointless things for long enough. So now I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. Hey random girl . . blogs are about what's on your mind. So don't stop now. I can't believe water girl likes Dr. Pepper now - well from an old fashioned soda shoppe!! I used to love Dr. Pepper but I rarely drink sodas anymore . . . Did you influence me those years you hung out here? So is the indonmie from Indonesia different than what we get at the Hong Kong market? :)

    Jake has his first soccer game, Saturday morning. I guess your sisters will go home with the other grandparents since Brit's car is there. Kris is going to have a ball running around with Brit. We'll just keep the fridge filled and the door open (well, alarm on of course). I have loved having you girls around these past few years. Love you!

    ReplyDelete