Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Gray Spots and Free Chicken

Here's what has happened since my last post:

- My sisters showed up here yesterday. (But I knew they were coming.)
- We ate lasagna for dinner. My silly sisters thought I was going to slave away in the kitchen making a homemade lasagna. I had a good laugh. I bought a frozen lasagna. And cooked it. And it was good.
- We went to BJs and shared some yummy dessert last night. And a really adorable little 11 month old baby watched us the whole time. Apparently we're very fascinating.
- We went grocery shopping after dessert. The sisters want fried chicken. I spent weeks... no, months, perfecting my fried chicken recipe. Because I love fried chicken, and it seemed convenient to be able to make my own delicious chicken at home. And to date, it's the only thing I cook. Except for frozen lasagnas.
- While the husband worked today, we made tacos for lunch and then went shopping. And we learned that Kristina has a long way to go before she's Americanized. Kristina's been so confused, she started to question that the mops she's always seen/used in Indonesia were in fact what we here in America also refer to as mops. Poor thing.
- We dressed up as cows and went to Chick-fil-A for free food. I love free food. And free food from Chick-fil-A is pretty much the best. I taped spots on my shirt. Brit and Kris wore headbands with cow ears taped to them. And Travis taped a cow nose to his face with a sign taped to his chest that said "Eat Mor Chikin." Travis didn't get to pick what he wore because he came home late from work. You snooze, you lose. Or, in this case, you work really hard and support your family, you lose. ;) But he was a trooper!
- I got a milkshake while the rest of the family got frozen yogurt. (That's right, I'm a rebel.) Then we went to Pet Smart and met a really cute, friendly puppy.

And now we're home.
The hubs is playing with the puppies outside while the rest of us avoid interaction with each other on our separate laptops. What a sad world we live in. I feel it's my duty to convince my sisters that Big Bang Theory is awesome, so I'm going to make them watch one of my favorite episodes. Sabre thinks Brittany is the coolest person on the planet. He jumps and leaps and does everything he can to lick her face to death. The main problem with that is he also tends to scratch and sometimes even nip her a little because he's too excited. And Tatum has not switched her allegiance to anyone. She loves me best. She's my cute little shadow, and I love her. I still want to learn to sew. I haven't forgotten about it. I really want to sew a quilt, but my husband says that since I don't know the first thing about sewing, I'm aiming a bit too high. I'll keep you posted. (Hah! My husband will appreciate that one!)

2 comments:

  1. Join a quilting group and start with something less than a foot square - I kept getting yelled at for my stitches being too big - traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's nice to know what's going on at the T. Hegle household and the brother/sister reunion. I still want to see the picture Travis posted on FB and know who removed it! Ha Ha. Now that you described what you guys looked like . . . I can imagine one of you girls not wanting it posted! However, I imagine once you to Chick fil-A there were a whole lot of strange "cows" there - getting free chicken. Glad you are having a great time! Your mom took sewing at International School Bangkok - made a beautiful dress - made an A - and "never sewed again" as far as I know. She did not enjoy it. :) Your Great-Grandmother Souther (Nanny I) was an excellent seamstress . . . she sewed clothes when she had time. As a matter of face, your Great-Grandmother Cullen also sewed! I guess when they were growing up, that's what girls learned how to do. My mom did try to teach me to sew . . . perhaps she should not have started me on doll clothes!! I could not work the treadle correctly! :)

    Have a great time . . . the rest of the weekend. We are going to Jake's soccer game this morning! :) Love you = love your blog!

    ReplyDelete